Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions


No. We require transfer students to apply using the Regis application and submit any additional application materials based on your program of interest. Transcripts and other documentation are required to apply for transfer or experience credit, but the application process remains largely the same.

Yes! With our generous transfer credit policy, you can transfer your associate degree to Regis. In addition, most Colorado Community College students can transfer their Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.), Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree to Regis as part of the Bridge to Bachelor’s program. Students can obtain a free, unofficial transcript evaluation of their previous coursework by emailing

Yes! Regis has options for an A.A.S. to a Bachelor of Applied Science degree, or an A.A.S. to other BA and BS options. Up to 87 credits can be accepted from your previous studies at regionally accredited institutions. If you are transferring from the Community College of the Air Force (Air University), some programs accept up to 60 credits from your AAS.

Many of our degree programs accept competency-based credit for a course. A full list of credit-granting agencies is below. If AP credit is granted without credit in the subject area, the hours required must be satisfied by taking advanced courses. Acceptance of transfer credit or competency-based credit varies by degree program. Competency-based credit includes:

  • Recommendations by the American Council on Education (ACE) for military and corporate training - Regis University credit-by-exam - StraighterLine credit (for accelerated online course work) - Sophia credit (for accelerated online course work) - Prometric Learning Center credit-by-exam - College Board Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations - College Level Examination Program (CLEP) - Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES) - National College Credit Recommendation Services (NCCRS) International Baccalaureate (IB) Program - ACT Proficiency Examination Program (PEP) - National League for Nursing (NLN) and life experience credit

Regis offers on-campus, online and hybrid courses. For information on class formats based on your academic program, request more information today.

Yes! If you have not yet completed your associate degree from a Colorado Community College, this may be an option for you. To learn more, request more information today.

Once you have submitted all necessary documentation required for a complete admission application package and an admission decision has been made, you will receive an email notifying you of your admission status, as well as a letter in the mail. The turnaround time between your application submission and notification of your admission decision is largely dependent on the degree program you are applying for, but we aim to process admission decisions within 10 business days.

Community College Transfer Guides currently exist for many of our programs. You may be able to transfer up to 87 semester-hour credits toward your degree program, depending on your previous credits and the program you are pursuing at Regis. For information on required coursework, transferability of courses and credits accepted, request more information today.

Whether you’re transferring your associate degree into a bachelor's degree, completing your degree or embarking on a new path, we make the process easy. Transfer students can apply to Regis University with no application fee! Check out our Transfer Students page for details.

Yes. Regis University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of six regional accreditors in the U.S. In addition, many of our academic programs hold specialized accreditations. More information can be found by visiting Regis Accreditation.

Completed online application: Complete your Regis University application via the Regis application, Common App or Centralized Application Systems (CAS) application portal. Regis gives equal consideration regardless of the application you choose. - Nursing Applicants: Use the Transfer Student Application if you’d like to transfer to Regis to complete your prerequisites for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program. If you have completed your prerequisites and would like to apply directly to the Regis BSN program, please apply via NursingCAS. - Transcripts

  • Undergraduate: Request official high school transcripts be forwarded to Regis University's Office of Admissions. Transcripts must be official and may not be stamped “Student Copy.”
  • Graduate: Please provide the Office of Admissions with transcripts for any bachelor’s degrees previously conferred. Transcripts must be official and may not be stamped “Student Copy.”
  • Send transcripts to: Regis University Office of Admissions Mail Code: A-12 3333 Regis Boulevard Denver, CO 80221-1099 Electronic transcripts may be sent to
  • Personal statement: Your application may require a personal statement or essay. This will allow the admission team to get to know you better. - Letter of recommendation: One letter of recommendation from either a high school counselor or teacher is only required for first-year, on-campus students. - Standard tests optional: Bachelor’s degree-seeking students are not required to submit an ACT or SAT score for consideration as part of their application. If you feel your test scores are an accurate reflection of your academic abilities you may choose to submit them for consideration. The test-optional policy applies to all academic programs, including nursing.

Regis University evaluates applications on a rolling basis, and prospective students will be notified of a decision soon after submitting their application. - First-year Undergraduates: Here are some important deadlines to keep in mind as you submit your application:

  • December 1: Priority deadline for applications to nursing programs
  • April 15: Priority application deadline for incoming full-time, first-year students
  • May 1: Enrollment deposit due for first-year students
  • Adult Non-traditional and Graduate Students: We offer many convenient start dates and formats for our accelerated, online programs. Please refer to the individual academic program pages for specific deadlines and important dates.

Students navigating TBI and PTSD can benefit from the following services: - Extended-time testing - Distraction-reduced test site - Books in an alternate format — e-texts or audio format - Note-taking - Record lectures - Write directly on the exam - Voice-activated software - Screen reader — Read and Write Gold - Other accommodations as discussed All accommodations are activated through Student Disability Services and University Testing. Accommodations are contingent upon documentation and the interactive process with the student. Regis University also provides a range of support and disability services for all students. To learn more, request more information today.

Official transcripts should be emailed to Transcripts sent by mail should be addressed to: Regis University Office of Admissions Mail Code: A-12 3333 Regis Boulevard Denver, CO 80221-1099


Yes! Regis has scholarships for transfer students! For more on our transfer scholarships, request more information today.

Tuition varies by academic program. According to data collected by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Regis graduates earn some of the highest salaries in the state, compared to other Colorado institutions.. With scholarships and grants for those eligible, a Regis education is within reach. To learn more about Regis University tuition and aid, visit the Tuition and Aid page.

Regis University does not charge an application fee for first-year, adult undergraduate, graduate and transfer applications. Students applying for a health care program through the Centralized Application System (CAS) are subject to fees. Please visit the appropriate CAS application to learn more.

Yes, all students must reapply for aid each academic year. If you are a continuing traditional undergraduate student, you must renew your FAFSA by March 1 and submit all required documentation by May 1 each year to be considered for maximum funding.

Tuition for adult undergraduate programs varies by program, but is calculated on a cost-per-credit-hour basis. To learn more visit our tuition and aid page?

Regis University accepts transfer students and transfer credits in many different ways. As a bachelor’s degree student, you may be able to transfer up to 87 credits toward your degree program. For more information about transferring credit, visit our Transfer Students page.

If you have your FSA ID, you can go back to the FAFSA website and add Regis University’s code (001363). You can also call the federal toll-free number (1-800-4FED-AID) and ask them to add Regis University.

It usually takes two to four days for Regis University to receive the results of your FAFSA from the federal processor. After we receive the information, we determine if any other additional items are needed and send an email to your RegisNet account with details. If you do not yet have a RegisNet account, we will email the primary email address you included on your admissions application. The upcoming year FAFSA is available each year on October 1. We always recommend completing the FAFSA early, but our office may not be awarding students right away. You can always check your status online and view any outstanding documents needed through the Ranger Portal at any time. If you have any questions, you can contact us at or 303.458.4126.

Your previous college credits are never outdated at Regis and will be evaluated by our transfer evaluation center.* These credits will be evaluated to determine if they meet the current degree requirements. *Transfer credits for graduate students have an expiration date. Speak to your academic adviser for more information.

Regis University is dedicated to providing financial support to undocumented students within the limits of state and federal laws. Financial aid is generally not available for undocumented students. The majority of student aid, including federal and Colorado student aid, requires the recipient to be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card-holder) or an eligible non-citizen. However, Regis University provides institutional funds to undocumented students by awarding academic and other talent-based scholarships. The majority of these scholarships are awarded at the time of admission and notice is included in the admissions letter. If you are a DACA student and are unable to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), there are other forms of aid available. Please request more information to begin a conversation about our types of aid and discuss merit-based scholarship opportunities.

Use the information of the parent with whom you lived the most in the last 12 months. If you did not live with one parent more than the other, answer in terms of the parent who provided the most financial support during the last 12 months or during the most recent calendar year that you actually were supported by a parent.

If you are classified as a dependent student for financial aid (see the FAFSA), the federal government expects that parents will assist with educational expenses to the extent that they are capable, and your parents’ information must be included on the FAFSA. All of the information submitted on the FAFSA and to our office is kept strictly confidential and the completion of the financial aid forms does not constitute a financial obligation. The information provided is used to measure the amount of financial aid the University can offer. If you have extenuating circumstances, please contact one of our financial aid counselors to discuss your situation.

Prior to an upcoming semester, a DVR representative will provide a list of students sponsored by their branch. To ensure you are sponsored, confirm your status with your division and make sure this documentation is sent to the Student Account Representative at as soon as possible.

It’s easy to pick up right where you left off! Head over to our Apply page to finish up your application. Not sure where you are in the application process? Our admissions counselors are here to help. Get in touch with us at 800.944.7667 or

Traditional undergraduate students who miss the March 1 deadline to submit a FAFSA and/or the May 1 deadline to submit required financial aid documents may submit an “On-time” FAFSA Appeal. For more information, please visit our Appeals page.

The Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is a measure of your family’s financial strength and is calculated according to the formula established by the U.S. Department of Education. The information you provide on the FAFSA is taken into consideration in the formula. The EFC is used to determine financial need for students and different types of aid they may be eligible for. The EFC is not the amount of money you will pay to go to college and it doesn’t represent the amount of aid you will receive, it’s just part of the formula.

The IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) allows students (and parents, if applicable) to authorize the FAFSA to pull their financial data directly from the IRS to save time and improve accuracy when completing the FAFSA. Using the DRT often reduces the odds that your FAFSA will be selected for verification. Not every student (or parent) can use the DRTl on the FAFSA, and that’s ok! You are able to enter your tax data on your own. However, we encourage students to use the DRT whenever possible.

New adult undergraduate and graduate students should complete a FAFSA as early as possible before starting classes. While there is no priority deadline date, we recommend that students complete a FAFSA at least 3 weeks before starting classes to help ensure their aid is in place. Continuing traditional undergraduate students must renew their FAFSA by March 1 each year and submit all required documentation by May 1 to receive maximum funding consideration.

Regis University offers generous financial aid packages in the form of scholarships and grants, in addition to any loans applied to your student account. For more information on specific aid programs, request more information today.


Yes, there is a Student Veteran Association chapter at Regis.

A Certificate of Eligibility is a document issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) that states your eligibility to receive VA benefits. Certificates are issued by the VA after approving a claim for benefits. To submit a claim for benefits, please use VONAPP (VA Online Application) at Initial claims can be filed on Form 22-1990. Processing times vary based on VA workload. On average, the Department of Veterans Affairs processes a Certificate of Eligibility within 4-6 weeks.

No, only active services members qualify for the active-duty discount and TA. Spouses are not eligible. However, spouses of service members on active duty are encouraged to explore the MyCAA scholarship program.

Yes. For undergraduate programs, 4-6 credits can be awarded for a minimum of two years of service in any branch of the U.S. military. All credits on the Joint Services Transcript (JST) will be evaluated for credit. Up to 24 undergraduate credit hours of Technical Occupational Specialty (TOS) credit may be awarded for the specific military experience. All credits evaluated must meet the requirements of the degree program and satisfy specific course requirements in order to be transferred.

Yes. As an active member of the United States Armed Forces, you're eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA) at Regis. Preferred Tuition: Undergraduate Students Active-duty students working toward an undergraduate degree in the accelerated evening or online format only within the following colleges are charged a discounted flat tuition rate per credit hour:

  • Regis College School for Professional Advancement - Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions (BS in Health Care Administration and RN-BSN only) - Anderson College of Business & Computing Graduate Students Active duty students receive a 10% discount on tuition. Where do I fill out the Preferred Tuition Form? The Preferred Tuition form can be filled out online. You must submit it with your Tuition Assistance (TA) paperwork. Do I need to fill out the Preferred Tuition Form every year? Yes. In order to ensure your discount doesn’t lapse, make sure to fill out the form annually by June 1. Tuition Assistance Military TA is a benefit paid to eligible members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard. Congress has given each service the ability to pay up to 100%for the tuition expenses of its members. Each service has its own criteria for eligibility, obligated service, application processes and restrictions. This money is usually paid directly to the institution by the individual services. Where do I send my Military TAe form? Send the form to the Student Account Representative at When is the form due? The form is due before the add/drop date of the course you wish to apply it to.

Army/Navy/Marines/Coast Guard — Obtain A Joint Service Transcript (JST). All veterans should always submit a DD214 for evaluation as well. Air Force – Community College of the Air Force transcripts (CCAF) Have your military transcripts, DD214 and any official college or university transcripts sent to the following address: Regis University Office of Admissions Mail Code A-12 3333 Regis Boulevard, A-8 Denver, CO 80221 Electronic transcripts can be emailed to:

The VA makes payment directly to the veteran by (1) direct deposit or (2) mailing a check to the mailing address on file at the VA. To establish or change your direct deposit information, click on the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form link after you have logged into WAVE. Changes and enrollments are usually processed the next business day. Under Montgomery GI Bill® (Ch 30 and 1606) and REAP: If you attend school, you must verify your enrollment each month by using the WAVE or IVR system, or by calling the toll-free 1.877.823.2378. Remember that you cannot be paid for a month until the month is over and you verify that you were still in attendance for that month. Under Post-9/11 GI Bill®: The VA will send the tuition and fees directly to Regis University. The VA will send a book stipend (if applicable) directly to you near the beginning of the term (or once your enrollment is processed). The VA will send the housing allowance (if applicable) directly to you at the end of each month you have an enrollment. Under Dependent and Eligible Spouse: The VA will pay the student directly via check. *GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Online courses are subject to 50% of the national average in BAH. Online students receive BAH, but at a lower rate than the University’s classroom rate. To receive BAH, both the online and classroom-based students must be more than part-time status. VA students must be above the 0.50 rate of pursuit to receive BAH. Only Chapter 33 and Chapter 31 (Voc Rehab) students receive BAH. Hybrid/Blended courses can be certified as in-classroom as long as one classroom-based session is listed in the course offering and attended.

Generally, veterans with a minimum of 36 months of active duty service who qualify for the 100% benefit rate may qualify for Yellow Ribbon. To determine eligibility, veterans must apply for Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits with the VA. The VA will issue a Certificate of Eligibility, which lists your eligibility for Yellow Ribbon. You will then need to check with your VA representative to see if your program qualifies.

Regis is proud to support those who serve. We invite you to join our dynamic community of working adults who are exploring their passions through practical, career-focused programs. With our Veteran’s Resource Center and Regis Student Veteran Association (SVA), we support active, reserve and veteran military personnel who want to start or continue their education. Explore our Military and Veterans page for additional information.

Yes! We look forward to welcoming you.

Students typically receive their VA book stipend directly to their checking account 7-10 days prior to each start date, so long as they completed all the necessary benefits documents in advance.